This week I have been painting in my house before and after work, and as a result have been looking for some quick meals. On Monday night I was really struggling to think of anything, as I didn’t want to make my meal planned option. I just took a look in my cupboards and threw this vegan creamy chilli pasta together but it was so tasty, I’ll definitely be making it again.
Vegan Creamy Chilli Pasta
- 1/2 Onion White
- 6 Mushrooms
- 200 g Spinach
- 1 Vegan Chorizo Or plain vegan sausage
- 75 g Wholewheat Spaghetti
- 40 g Vegan Creme Fraiche Oatly is good
- 2 tbsp Crushed Chillis
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Granules
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Put the wholewheat spaghetti on to boil for 15 minutes
- While pasta is cooking, water sautee the onion and mushrooms until soft.
- Start pan frying the chorizo with a little spray oil. I cooked my own in the same pan as the onions and mushrooms so some of the flavour transferred.
- Add crushed chillis (as much as to your liking of heat) and garlic powder to the onions and mushrooms, and cook for another minute.
- Add the spinach and allow to wilt. Add the nutritional yeast and mix through, then take off the eat and add the creme fraiche.
- Drain the spaghetti, and mix with the creamy mixture.
I’m struggling to calculate the syns on this, but I guess you would need to calculate the chorizo, nutritional yeast and the creme fraiche. Calorie wise though it’s not too bad for such a filling meal.