I’ve been feeling the soup vibe recently which is unusual for me as I’m generally not a soup-y person, not sure if it is the rubbish weather or just the time of year but yeah, soup has been getting made every weekend. Last weekend I thought I would try a new type for me. I like peas, but can’t remember every trying them as a soup. This recipe serves 3 good sized or 4 smaller sized portions. I’ve not tried freezing it but I would guess it should be fine.
Vegan Pea Soup
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Vegan Margarine
- 800 ml Vegetable Stock
- 250 g Frozen Peas
- 100 ml Rice/Soya/Nut Milk
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Chives
- 1 tsp Tarragon
- Chop the onion and sautee in a little water.
- Add flour and stir for a minute or two until really well mixed. Take off heat and add 2 ladles of stock. Whisk until smooth.
- Add remaining stock and return to heat. Add peas and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix milk with cornflour and pour slowly into soup, reheat until almost boiling.
- Liquidise with a hand blender/in a blender. Add seasoning.
That’s it! Quick and easy (and tasty!) soup. I forgot to take a picture of just the soup but took one with a sheese and tomato bagel too.
If you can’t tell from the recipe I am trying to avoid oil, it really is empty calories, I’ve never used a huge amount but in all honesty I feel with my real push to lose weight it is just empty nothing calories. I was down 5 pounds this week (whoop!) so I am really trying to keep my focus. This oil free recipe is around 100 calories a serving so barely anything. It’s not the most filling but it is delicious!