Christmas is only one week away! How did that happen! I’m not religious, but for me Christmas for me is one of the best days of the year. There is something magical about Christmas. My sad note is that my mum and dad are no longer with me, but my mother in law is coming to stay with us on Christmas Eve through to Boxing Day, and thankfully I get on with her very well, so I’m really looking forward to it.
One of the best things about Christmas for me is the food. I grew up with my dad doing the whole thing himself, priding himself on his huge Christmas spread, then, when I grew up I did the same thing. I made the same exact food, in the same exact way. Then, I went vegan shortly before last years Christmas Dinner. This caused me to rethink my Christmas planning drastically!
For last years Christmas dinner I used a pre-made nut roast, but this year I’ve decided to go a little more out there. So following is my Vegan Christmas Menu! Recipes and results will be appearing over the next week or so as I make them.
Vegan Christmas Menu
- Bagels with fry’s sausages and potato scones
- Cereal and Fruit
- Smoked “Salmon” and cream “cheese” on crackers
- Spicy Parsnip Soup with crusy bread
- Mushroom, Leek and Chestnut stuffed seitan roast
- Tofurkey Roast
- Vegan Sausage rolls
- Vegan sausages wrapped in vegan rashers
- Rosemary roast potatoes
- Maple Carrots and Parsnips
- Carrot and Turnip mash
- Yorkshire Puddings
- Brussel Sprouts with Chestnuts
- Gravy, Cranberry Jelly and Bread Sauce
- Christmas Pudding and Alpro Cream
- Mince Pies
- Chocolate and Avocado Truffles
- Mushroom and Thyme Tartlets
- Nuts, Crisps, Mint Chocolates
- Vegan Cheese with Crackers
So there you have it, my Vegan Christmas Menu. Hopefully it all goes smoothly, early this week I will work out timings for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day before the cooking starts.