Quiche is something I used to take a notion for, I would stuff my face on it, feel sick and not eat it again for months. This recipe made 8 muffin tin size quiches, which are handy for lunch boxes for kids (and adults!). While not exactly egg like in texture, they are nice tasting, I always find the garlic powder makes them taste eggy. Another addition could be black salt which I believe has an egg taste, although I can never find it! If anyone knows anywhere easy to find it in the UK let me know in the comments.
Vegan gram flour mini quiches
Vegan Mini Quiches
- 150 g Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5 cups Water
- Lightly Sauteed Vegetables I used onions, peppers and tomatoes
- Soft Vegan Cheese
- Vegan Margarine Flora Buttery/Vitalite etc
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix the gram flour with nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt and pepper, water and any other herbs you want to add. Whisk until smooth.
- Use the margarine to grease the edges of the muffin tin. Add a little of the quiche mix to the tin. Layer with a little cheese, then vegetables, then more quiche mix to cover.
- Cook for around 25 minutes in a 180 degrees celsius oven.